Thursday, May 13, 2010

My little princess.

On one of the many daily deal sites that I visit, Crop Chocolate (https://www.cropchocolate.com) was looking for chocolatiers (designers) to design with their products. Their idea was to attach a picture of a project along with the product that they are selling, so that the scrapbooker would get inspired and would want to purchase that item. I sent my name in and I was picked! So what they sent me were these items:



I had two weeks to design and create something. Looking at those paper patterns, two images came to my mind - spring and princess. I also had recently purchase Once Upon A Princess Cricut Cartridge and I have not had time to play with it, so I decided to do the princess theme. Another decision maker was our recent trip to Tokyo Disneyland (in Japan) and we purchased a Minnie princess headband for our girl.

I was sent:
Making Memories Scrapbook Page kit (brooke)
- strawberries & cream textured cardstock for background
- brooke floral paper for the vine
- peapod velvet letters
- brooke gem stickers
Making Memories (note)worthy pastel paper pink flowers
pink and white ribbon

My additions:
more rhinestones and little glitter star embellishment
Cricut to cut princess (Once Upon A Princess) and oval, tiara (Storybook)
pop-dots
gold ink pad
corner punch

1. Printed my picture, cut it into oval through Cricut
2. Cut vine throught Cricut to surround my picture
3. Cut tiara on cricut big enough to place 'princess' letters, decorated with gem stickers
4. Cut princess on cricut, decorated with rhinestones
5. Corner punched my background cardstock and inked the edges
6. Ink-edged other pieces
7. Adhered my picture to the center of the page
8. Pop-dots to place vine around it, and princess on it (used glitter star for the wand)
9. Put the ribbon across the page, and used pop-dots to place the "princess" tiara
10. Placed flowers on some vines, and placed rhinestones in the middle.

Here's my final picture of what it looked like:























Close up (I love the 3-D effect):



Then I decided to enter my layout to the Cricut Customer Project Spotlight - and I won!!!!
I was featured in their Cricut Chirp Newletter on April 27, 2010. http://www.cricut.com/newsletters/volume.aspx?ID=250

I won a Cricut cartridge and I chose Create a Critter. Let's see what I can make now.

3 comments:

  1. I love this layout.
    It is very pretty.
    Yor little girl is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the inspiration and the wonderful instructions. love it and your little princess is adorable.
    lois

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Darling"! And your little one is so cute!... <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails