Monday, May 24, 2010

Dinner crackers.

This was a project I did a while back, for last year's Christmas Eve party. A little out of season? Well, yes, but one could personalize these crackers to spice up any dinner occasion.

Using the free Christmas cracker file on SVGcuts.com, I decided to make my own Christmas crackers for my Christmas Eve party. To make things a little more unique, using SCAL, I welded the ribbon strip from Rosie's Ribbon Strips (9th strip - also a file from SVGcuts.com), embossed the middle section with Cuttlebug snowflakes folder and used white pearl stamp to bring out the images.


I also made snowflake napkin holders to match the crackers. The snowflakes were from various Cricut carts, and I added Martha Stewart cystal coarse glitter, embellished the center with a rhinestone and adhered them to a round cut-out base with pop-dots.


Inside the crackers, I put in 3 Lindt chocolates, a different question in each to spice up the conversation, and had one grand prize of $50 gift certificate to a fancy steak house. This was a highlight of our party!

I submitted this in for SVG cuts December challenge (had to use a Christmas/winter related files from that site), and I was chosen as a grand prize winner :)

2 comments:

  1. These are a wonderful idea and a splash of color to any table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw these gorgeous crackers - a bit late i know LOL!
    They are fabulous - i want to try them out too, unfortunately I've just been on SVG cuts website looking for the cracker file, but it seems to have gone now :-(
    I think I'll drop them a message

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails