Thursday, April 21, 2011

Digital papers and graphics opens up another BIG door for me - made a super pretty card, and two gifts from my lovely friends :)

So, I've been collection lots of digital papers and graphics over the years.. and I have A LOT of them, but the same story from me... never got around to playing with them.  I do have probably a binder full of it, and I use it here and there to make quick birthday cards, and simple scrapbook pages to show my pics on FB... but I've never really explored what you can do with them, and how awesome these print out.

Last night - this is after finishing up my last SVGCuts DT project (which should be up this weekend??), I felt like doing something different.  I also am into exploring different techniques and styles - and it's probably more fun for you guys, as you never know what I may do next and are always in for surprise from me :)  I came across a $1 sale (only yesterday - reg. $5.99 paper and $3.99 elements) on the Echo Park Little Girl paper and the elements pack - and a ha! That's is what I'm going to do! You know, I could've easily pulled up tons of paper and images from my computer, but to have had a sense of "I went shopping!", I had to spend $2 to get both!

I started by printing the papers out on vellum...


Isn't it pretty???  Then I printed out some elements on a cream paper... (the crib and the wardrobe is from Riefka Designs)

Then, I had to choose...  what to make, what to use???  I decided to make a card.  Then I plugged away... using my lace, my sewing machine, and my distressing stamps... here's what the final card looked like...
Photobucket

Photobucket

I sewed the vellum to the cardstock and crinkled up the edges, and inked with Papertrey Ink Vintage Touch Stamp.
Photobucket

I took some lace, and twisted it, and wrapped it, and used heat glue gun to hold it together!

Photobucket

This flower, I took a piece of fabric, folded it and layered portion of it at a time, and again held together by a glue gun.. it was complete with a touch of corduroy button and twine.

I love how this look turned out - so pretty! I think that I'm going to get more lace this weekend!

Okay, now I'm so excited to share my two wonderful gifts that I got (actually one is still on the way)...

Here is a "just because... thanks for being my friend" card from Bee (Dare to bee creative).  I am so touched - it's a beautiful, stunning card.  It's a technique that I haven't done before, so she inspired me!  We often Google chat, she makes me laugh and listens to my problems, and puts up with my rambling on and on.... oh, she is the sweetest girl!  Make sure that you visit her site - she makes some amazing things!
Photobucket

The other gift is still in the mail... haven't actually got here yet.. but cannot wait to get it!  This one is from Jessica (Jessica's Crop Corner) and she's another sweetie!  I met her through SVGCuts, and she made this beautiful project for my family (a family shadowbox) for the Cherry Blossom Challenge going on at SVGCuts forum.  That is absolutely amazingly beautiful and I am just overwhelmed that anyone would put in such effort and time into making something for me.  Thank you so much Jessica and I have already decided a home for that shadowbox.

Speaking of the challenge - don't forget about to enter - you still have a week and a half before it ends... plenty of time to still make something beautiful! For more info - please visit SVGCuts Challenge forum.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! So, so beautiful! I have tons of lace from sewing! So fun! Must be so nice to just print some paper when you want.. ack, I need a better printer, LOL! The card from Bee is lovely, love the pretty colors! I also saw Jessica's shadow box, it's very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! Sweet mix of textures and materials, so cute! I still have to figure out what software to use to print paper...
    Thanks for posting my card and you're gonna make me blush, you're so sweet! :-D And for the record you don't ramble! I enjoy our little conversations very much! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Thienly!! I love the ribbons and the crinkled edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! I love digi papers since I don't have any kind of craft store near me! I do have some graphics but don't use them much, I will have to challenge myself soon!!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the details in the card. Hoppin by from TGIF Link Party - i invite you to check out my card as well. Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog.. love it! So beautiful! I love the effect of all the different textures from the materials you used. I have not used digital papers yet, I have been reluctant to wondering if they used a ton of ink when you print them.. What kind of printer do you use? Do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! and welcome, Tara! With the digital files, I haven't printed them enough to see how much ink the printer actually use, but I'm sure it must be cheaper or comparable to the patterned paper that you would buy... I love the look on vellum paper, and that's not readily available in the scrapbooking stores, so it's worth it! I have a Canon printer... have always used Canon, and been pretty happy with it,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are beautiful......you make it sound so easy! I have a computer full of digi stuff, so guess what I'm off to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Thienly! I am going to give it a try. I have two printers, so I guess that just means double the opportunity to print digi papers and compare the results from both right? lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails