Thursday, April 28, 2011

Best Teacher's Desk - an SVGCuts DT Project

With Teacher's Appreciation week next week (in US, us Canadians had it back in Feb) and end of school year coming up, the SVGCuts design team thought that it would be really cute to put together a project from each one of us to inspire you all with gift ideas for teachers.  It was quite the eventful night over at SVGCuts FB page, with 4 projects being posted one after another.  There was a super cute candy bar wrapper idea from Cheryl, a super cute teacher shadowbox from Amy, and an amazing book cabinet idea from Tamara. 

So... for my project, I decided to make a teacher's desk  - with drawers that you can actually pull out, and a desk top that opens into a card.  


Photobucket


The stamp is from Studio G (those $1.50 stamps at Michaels!).


Photobucket


I made two armoire from Amelie's Accessories SVG Kit as the desk drawer! See all the cute stuff on the teacher's desk?  These are all from Back to School SVG Collection!


Photobucket


I stuck a lunchbox at the side of the desk :)


Photobucket


...and a pile of books at the other end of the desk.


Photobucket


Then you untie the ribbon, and the desk top flips up into a card!
I actually got my son to write a special note to his teacher.

Photobucket

I filled the drawers with staples, push pins, clips and in the last drawer... a little treat to the teacher!

Hope you like it! It's super easy, so I hope that you will give it a try :)

For more information on exact cuts and dimensions used, please visit SVGCuts blog, click here.

There's a new collection being released from SVGCuts tomorrow!!!!!
You are going to be wowed by this one!

...and if you haven't joined me yet on my FB page, click here.

8 comments:

  1. That is amazing! It is so original and mindboggling! That is one lucky teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Thienly this is absolutely fabulous.
    So much talent.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this is amazing... soooo cute..... You and the rest of the design team are really going to keep me busy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just way too cute. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool. New follower.

    Jani
    aka papercompulsions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new stalker of your work... stumbled upon your work while looking for completely something else. and have got hooked to your work. :-). Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Love this and I am sure the teacher was very happy to receive this. I have some blog awards for you on my blog - it is up to you if you want to pass them on. http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo super amazing. Love this project!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails