Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vintage Carnival Ferris Wheel - SVG Cuts DT project.

Hello all! Thanks for all the amazing comments today on the SVG Cuts FB wall! Usually I have my posts ready to go and post it here when the project get posted on SVG Cuts blog, but this time, I was a little slacker! lol... and today was incredibly hectic and stressful day I didn't get a chance to edit my photos til now.

Anyway, yes, I had an A-HA moment.  Purse + Wheel = Ferris Wheel.  All of a sudden. It came to me.  I had to make this right away and I was so excited about it.  I love feeling excited about my project.  Having this enthusiasm for my idea sitting inside my little brain makes it so much easier to bring it to life.

So yeah, here's my project.

Photobucket

Ooooh, isn't it so fun? I've been wanting to make a whole carnival outta paper and this is step number one for me. The roller coaster thing is a challenge though - how would I possibly do that? Okay, let's put aside that worry for now.

Well, here's more pics. I just LLLOVVE burlap right now. So much that I would even consider getting them for my walls! I love the natural look of it, the color and the texture it adds! If you haven't used burlap - you've got to get them! Like NOW! :) You'll be so glad you did.

Photobucket

Of course I had to add my lovely Epiphany Crafts Round 14 epoxies here... makes it all pretty! I love how it fit that 25 cents perfectly inside that circle. So fun!

Photobucket

I love these ticket strips and I've been so excited since Mary created them. I finally got to use them! and those lovely flowers from Happy Birthday to You SVG Kit always adds so much to my projects :)

Photobucket

This is what each of the 'cars' look like... this is the perfect place to add some jelly beans or candies... (just make sure that you balance them - if one side is heavier than another, it'll be weird). Oh, and putting 'Little People' from Fisher Price would be too cute for a kid's carnival birthday.

Photobucket

I made the back even pretty, too - made a 'stopper', but made them with flowers!

Photobucket

If you are considering making this, this is not the prettiest of all photos - my ferris wheel kinda got crushed by the time I took this pic, but it'll give you an idea of how the 'stoppers' and 'spacers' go...

Photobucket

So, to make this, I had to create my own 'ferris wheel base' out of Simple Shapes Library on my Ecal software and lucky you - it's available to download it all ready and made as an SVG! You can download it on the SVG Cuts blog post under dimensions. Here's what it looks like:

Photobucket

Okay, ready to see something ugly? Well, for those of you that think that I whip up things in the first try, that's always not the case. Here, I was playing with the idea of ferris wheel and attached 4 'cars' just to see what it looks like. I sent this off to Leo and Mary and the rest of the design team where I got the 'go' to actually try it out.

Photobucket

Ugly, isn't it? The 'cars' were too big, so I sized that down a bit...

Then, I grabbed these papers that I had them for a while... thinking that it'll work just perfect for this.  Was I wront! I thought that I was making my final project... until I put it together and egh. These were totally not my colors. So blah. No contrast. Just wasn't me.

Photobucket

Then I was blessed with the new paper line from Echo Park Graceful collection and that just worked like magic. It got the ball rolling again....

Anyway, to make this - these are the collections you'll need:

September Afternoon SVG Collection (the big wheel comes from here)
Sunny Weekend Purses SVG Kit (Julisa's Purse is the 'cars' on the wheel)
Doilies SVG Collection
Everyday Cards SVG Kit (pennants)
Party on Elm Street SVG Kit (ticket strips)
Happy Birthday SVG Kit (lovely flower)

... and head on over to the blog to get the actual files, dimensions and instructions to how to make this!

Anyway, this post is kinda getting long...  thanks for stopping by and oh, I just finished my NEXT project for SVG Cuts - so I can't wait to share that one as well!

Have a great day everyone!

13 comments:

  1. An amazing project and thanks so much for sharing the process too!
    I just got my Cameo so am looking forward to trying some die-cutting projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words cannot describe how insanely CUTE this is !!! I love the papers, the colors, the flowers, the banner, the tickets....need I say more? You totally rocked this project girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always it is amazing, I would love to have an ounce of your creativity:) I was always curious, what do you do with your projects after you finish them since you do so many?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As for my projects - yeah, it's getting to be a lot! For now, I stuff them all in big plastic bins... I just think that when my daughter grows up, and if she ever gets crafty like me or even appreciate them - I'd like for her to have it :)

      Delete
  4. WOW, this is awesome Thienly! I absolutely LOVE this! And your choice of papers is spot on, I agree with you the bright colors totally give it another dimension! :-D Gorgeous and oh so fun and cute!! :-D It made me smile real big, I can only imagine your kiddos'faces when they saw this!... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing and brilliant! I can't stop looking at it! You are a crafty genius, Theinly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to pin this! Too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thienly,

    You are so AMAZINGLY talented and creative!!! I love this cute project!!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the coolest thing I've seen all week! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to come back to look at your ferris wheel after the new SVG Cuts Kit came out today. Obviously you used their files to make this but it is very similar. I think I might use your version of the baskets though. I really like your color contrast on this. Getting ready to make mine and trying to decide what I am going to do! Thanks again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is an awesome project! I just got a Cameo so I can play with it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails