Thursday, April 26, 2012

A little bird told me...

Hey all!

Whoa - where does the time go!?!?  It's been 11 days since my last post (how can I let that happen!) and I've been just busy as ever!

I have done a bit of crafting here and there, and I do have projects to share, but it's all to be posted later on, so I had nothing to share... until today! Last night, I finally managed to make a card, my first ever tag card! I've seen so many pretty ones online, and I wanted to try it out! I used a tag from SVG Cuts Tags Galore SVG Collection, but they's also many tags here as well. All you have to do is to attach two tags side by side and weld it together.

This whole card was inspired by Unity's one of a kind stamp set (Melody Ross - her art work is beautiful!).  The feel of the set is vintage and cute, and was shouting out October Afternoon to me.  Have I told you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE October Afternoon?  I have pretty much all their paper lines, and I can't even use them because it's so pretty and I want to keep them just the way they are! I had to force myself to cut these up! lol...

So, I used my 5 & Dime papers (except for the paper inside the card is from Rocket Age), my crinkle ribbons and cotton lace, my Papertrey Ink Chai ink, wooden spool, twine... all sorts of things that seem to fit the style.

And so, here's the card!

Photobucket

I thought that it would be really cute to use the bird, but use it under a layer - in this case, behind a window. In case you're looking for windows to use on your cards, this SVG Cuts file is perfect (Townhouse Windows SVG Collection). It has 6 different types so you can always find a perfect one to use for your card! (Mine is the first one in that set)

Photobucket

My fave part of this card is of course the curtain rod - made of wooden spool and dowel covered with lace.

Photobucket

I've also been into paper piercing the stamps. (Yes, I do have Copics, and I am STILL planning on using them, but this gives it a clean and simple look to the appearance of the stamp.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

The button that you see here is my custom made button from Epiphany Crafts using Round 25 button.

...and inside the card is this prettiest sentiment. I kept the inside simple, to allow space to write a message on the card. It never makes sense to me when  I buy a card and it's so busy inside, and I don't know where to write my message... or worse yet, I RECEIVE one of these cards with busy inside and     you have to go looking for a sender's name... squished into a corner...Does that make sense? Personally I like cards that have more than just a name... (I got the perfect branch from the Strawberry Lane SVG Collection!)

Photobucket

Anyway, that's it for you today!
Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

  1. You amaze me! Love the card, now I will have to see if I can come up with something close to the same using files that I already have. Thanks for sharing.....now for time. I don't know how you do it with 3 your 3 little blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable! Thanks for sharing ( saw it on FB) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo! love this. I'm a sucker for tags and a tag card is always a winner in my book! love all the beautiful details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card...there is so much going on, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thienly, your card is Beautiful!! Fabulous details and I Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Will be checking those files!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is over the top cute. Your lace curtain is so creative with the rod. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is simply stunning. Your attention to details is so evident. Beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That is spectacular! I ADORE that set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable shape card! Love the peeking birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such creativity. I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daaaaarling!! LOVE the curtain rod! I might have to borrow that idea sometime! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is so beautiful! I really love all the gorgeous details you put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing! This is one card I'd have to frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING details.

    Visting your blog is always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A.Maz.Ing!! Love this so so much!!! Folling your blog now too....gotta see what else is up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thienly, you are brilliant! The amazing little scene you created with just paper and ink is stunning. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great tag card! My favourite part is the rod too...so amazing :) Love the window cut out, perfect saying...love it too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails