Friday, August 24, 2012

iYours :) - Epiphany Crafts DT project.

Hey all!

I am SUPER EXCITED to share my card with ya all today! This is different from my usual - it's no vintage, it doesn't have any burlap or canvas or twine. In fact, all it is is just a BUNCH of square Epiphany Crafts Square epoxies and a black, grey and white cardstock.  Oh, and some online images, too.... sounds boring, right?

Well, this week, Epiphany Crafts launched their Square 25 and Round 25 in all the Michaels stores, and we're celebrating that by focusing on those pretty epoxy shapes.

So... I wanted to do something unique.  Something cool... and then it hit me! (Another Thienly moment here.)

I am going to make an iPhone card! and all the square epoxies can be the app buttons!!!

So I went online, searched for app images in the best resolution as I can, resized it to my square 25 epoxy shapes, and voila!

I also had the PERFECT iPhone SVG from here. (Of course, SVG Cuts - they've got EVERYTHING!)  I altered a bit by deleting the gift card slot, and also did add in some stuff of my own by using basic simple shapes :)

Here it is... TA-DA!!!!


Photobucket

SUPER COOL, right? I even had the PERFECT sentiment from it - Gigabyte, from Pink by Design!

Photobucket

These squares look pretty darn cool in real life... it's so fun! What's exciting about this project was that my HUBBY was SO EXCITED about my crafting! He loved it!

Photobucket

I also thought that it would be cool to add a cool background for it - and found one from MME, and also cut out an acetate layer over it to mimic the screen look.

Photobucket

So that's it!

I hope that you like this card - it's THE perfect card for a guy, don't you think?

While I've got you here, I thought that I should let you know that this is my second last project for Epiphany Crafts.  My 6 month term is coming to a close at the end of August and I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to play with these amazing tools and to inspire you with my projects.  I know that they had a design team call last week... so if you did apply - good luck :)

Oh, and have you seen the latest SVG Cuts latest kit???  It is SUPER AH-MAZING!!!

I love Halloween crafting and I love vintage! I couldn't have asked for more! It's the MIDNIGHT JAMBOREE SVG KIT!! Just look at this - I'm gonna have so much fun with this kit!


This is all YOURS for FREE with purchase of $9.98 or more and coupon: FREEGIFT

Thanks for stopping by - have a SUPER DUPER weekend!

12 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card Thienly! I think any guy would LOVE this card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card! will definitely have to check out the tools, hoping Michaels in Canada carries them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just fantastic! It looks so real with the epiphany square epoxy shapes..it took me a minute to realize that it was indeed a card! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely great! I am definitely going to have to make one of these. Nice job! Would you be willing to share where you got the little Apps for the Epoxy squares?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous card, I love how you created the apps using the epoxy squares!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay....I kept clicking looking for the card.....and it was the card all along! this is AWESOME!! I thought it was a pic of a real iphone!! I love this!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great project, Thienly! I love it!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is an Awesome card, I wish I can do THAT
    Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun idea and it looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is just awesome! It's simple.. But super creative! A giant iPhone card! Too cool, girly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails