Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Do what makes you happy - Epiphany Crafts DT Project

Hello everyone!

This is my VERY LAST project for Epiphany Crafts.  It's been a fun six month, and I hope that you enjoyed and was inspired by my projects! :)  Which was your favorite? I must say that my fave ones are the oval glasses and the last week's iPhone card.  I will continue to use those tools, so it's definitely the not the end of my Epiphany crafting!

This week, we've been pairing up with one of my fave embellishment companies - Maya Road.  I just love all their cute little wooden spools, their stamp sets, cute chipboard, their clear acetate prints... you can have so much fun with those things!

I was inspired by all their sewing notion embellishments, especially their canvas clothes, wooden spools and spool sentiments and 'sew' cute chipboards made a wreath out of it! This is for my mom, as she LOVES sewing and can sit in her room all day making bags and clothes. I think it's a beautiful thing that she wakes up every morning having something to look forward to.  Life is so much more fuller when you can create and can inspire others.

I had this twig wreath that I found last year after Christmas for less than a dollar! It had an ugly red bird sitting on it, and it was my plan all along to take it off and do something else to it...  Anyway - this is what I created!


Photobucket

It's cute, right? I kinda think that I got carried away with using their pretty embellishments, but gives it more character and interest :)

Photobucket

I got tons of burlap from Fabric.com couple of months ago (thanks to my enabler, Tamara from Happy Life, Crafty Wife), and I've been dying to use them! It's not the perfect shade of brown that I would've liked here, but it's pretty and it's burlap. Hey - can't go wrong with burlap!

Photobucket

Isn't this canvas shirt the cutest? The measurement tape trim is actually not Maya Road - it's just one of the random things I found in the dollar stores.

Photobucket

Here`s the overall, and I used the EC tool to make buttons for them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is probably my favorite focus of my wreath. I just love all these embellishments all clustered together!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So, that's it! It is a BUSY wreath, but don't you think it's cute?

Here are all the things that I used in this project:


Epiphany Crafts

Shape Studio Round 14 Tool and epoxies
Shape Studio Round 25 Tool and epoxies
Shape Studio Square 25 Tool and epoxies
Button Studio Round 14 Tool and button
Button Studio Heart 20 Tool and button 

Maya Road

Spool Sentiments Stamp Sheet
Love Notes Chipboard Set
Mini Scallop Chipboard Set
Sew Cute Mini Chipboard Set
Mini Pennant Banner Canvas Pieces
Mini Triangle Banner Canvas Pieces
Laundry Day Canvas Pieces
Die Cut Kraft Doilies

Unity stamps - Donna downey studios art & possibility

Burlap 
Jute twine
Lace
Measurement tape trim
Twig wreath
Hot Glue Gun
Ink Pads


I hope that I have inspired you in some way - thanks for coming here!

Have a crafty day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this is the cutest wreath, ever! I love,love, LOVE the clothes! So creative! All your projects for EC were amazing, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable Thienly! And yes you are always inspiring! So sad you won't be on their DT anymore but I know you'll still be making super cool crafty stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thienly, this is absolutely gorgeous! Maya Road has been a fave since April this year! Keep creating!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails