Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm a guest designer over at Jillian Vance today!

Hey everyone! It seems like I've been gone forever! I haven't forgotten about my blog - but I think that I did go through a few days where I didn't even look at my own blog!  It's been crazzzyyy over here, and I'm still recovering from this stubborn cold that I had a week ago.

Anyway, I'm proud to be a guest designer over at The Princess & The Paper today.  This is a stamp company owned by Jillian Vance, and the most interesting thing about it is that she's only 11 years old! Can you believe that???  She started her own business last year and has designed many sets of wonderful clear photopolymer stamps. 

I had the pleasure of 'meeting' her and her mom when Tamara and I owned the Paper Dolls blog.  We featured them as artists, as well as they became our guest designer for one of our challenges and even generously sponsored our final challenge. 

Anyway, so just to show you all how special they are and their wonderful stamps that they make, I made a card using one of Jillian Vance Design Stamps - More Stitches set. 

Photobucket





































This set is so cute – with various stitches in two widths as well as some cute sentiments to go with it! Jillian is so talented – I can’t believe she’s designing all these amazing stamps at her age!

Okay, here’s my card:

Photobucket

You like???  I went with something simple, but I think that I personally think that it bring out these beautiful stamps this way :)
To make this card, I just cut out 9 square pieces (1 3/4” x 1 3/4”) of various patterned paper, and I stamped the edges of them.  I adhered them on the 5 ½” x 5 ½” card.


Photobucket


I stamped the sentiment onto another paper and adhered onto the card using a foam tape to give dimension.  I embellished the rest with rose ribbon, natural twine and Chocolate Truffle (Annie's Paper Boutique) twine, buttons, mini spool, and crinkled ribbons (Scrapinkris).

Anyway, I hope that you go over and leave some love on their blog for having me there :)

Oh, one more thing... did ya all check out this new collection that is going to be coming out from SVG Cuts??? This is amazing (Mary has done it again!) - and I just can't wait to play with it! I LOVE gingerbread houses!!!!  You've got to watch this - here is the link to the teaser video!

...and I'm working on several different projects at once, so I'll probably be seeing you next Tuesday with My Thoughts Exactly Stamp Release!  This is a cute set - you don't want to miss!  and it's so versatile and can use it all year round! That's the only hint you're gonna get!

Thanks! and Have a crafty day!

3 comments:

  1. I saw the video from svg cuts and it is so adorable!! love the patchwork card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Thienly!! I love how simple it is, yet is totally fun with those papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, those stitch stamps ROCK! You did a fabulous job with your card and I love the blue rose ribbon you added! Beautiful! Melanie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails