Thursday, October 20, 2011

You Take the Cake!

Hey you crafty gals!  What's new?  Any exciting things going on with ya?

Well, I've been given this awesome 'gift' from my kids this week... one brought it home from school last week and ever since, this 'gift' has been going around...  and I really didn't want it, and I tried so hard to not get it, but somehow the biggest 'gift' ended with me...  Yes, it's that icky word - COLD, and I don't get sick that often, but this time, it's taken a toll on my body and I've been achy, sneezing, coughing, wiping my nose.. you name it, I have it. 

So, this week, I've actually been laying on my bed for longer than I have been sitting at my crafting chair...  That says a lot - coming from someone that rather craft than sleep.

Anyway, today is My Thoughts Exactly DT Thursday and due to above, I don't have a whole lot of things to share today, but I made a pretty card that I'm gonna share!

It's actually perfect as it's my mom-in-law's birthday this weekend, and I was able to make a card for her AHEAD of time, instead of my usual night before crisis.

Photobucket

I just love this paper line - it's the 5 & Dime collection from October Afternoon. So pretty!

I also stitched around the edges of the cardstock, distressed it and inked it to give it a little vintage look.

Photobucket

I finally even got to use the Papertrey Ink's Banner Builder Collection dies that I've had sitting in my drawer for the past year! It's so cute - and I must use this more often! You like the bow? The bow is from My Grafico Ribbon Bow Template collection.

Photobucket

I stamped my sentiment 'sweet birthday wishes' from Sweet Thoughts onto a Canvas Corp canvas, and then I zig-zag sewed it and put an eyelet into it.

Photobucket

The buttons are always cute and adds so much! LOVE buttons!

Photobucket

... and added one more sentiment at the bottom of the card 'you take the cake', which is also from the same stamp set, Sweet Thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by, and make sure that you go check out Lenae's blog, Sugar Gem for more inspiration projects with My Thoughts Exactly stamps!

6 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful card. So beautiful!! You did a great job Thienly, thanks for sharing.

    The Happy Card Encouragement Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, love all the detail you put into it, very special!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! You are just so talented! Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! You always make the most fabulous things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thienly this is fantastic! I hope you feel better really really quick! Don't forget to take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails