Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Son's Happy Haunting Haunted House.

My son is eight years old and loves Cricut.  He's pretty much taught himself how to use the machine, and can do simple functions on the Design Studio and SCAL2.  The only thing that drives me nuts though is not being able to think about paper wastage and cuts things on the middle of my beautiful 12 X 12 sheet, or uses the scraps that I've kept for that "special" card.  Nevertheless, he's growing up to be quite the crafty boy, and I should be very happy about that.  And I am.

We've moved back home this weekend.  My husband and I were busy packing and unpacking everything.  The reno is not 100% finished, but completed enough that we were able to move back.  The kids were soo excited to have their own rooms, and all the toys sitting in the basement for the past 4 months seemed all new to them again.  We've been staying up until 2 am every night and I feel like a zombie right now, sleep-deprived, and I'm also coming down with some naughty cold.  However, I'm also excited to line up all my crafting supplies again in my computer room - I somehow convinced my husband that he needs less space, and it's not a "craft room", but I will be able to have more space than I ever did.

So, after setting up the computer and the Cricut, my son wanted to make the haunted house from Happy Hauntings cartridge.  He just had to get this cartridge, so he can make this house.  He sat in the office chair for hours and hours, and the amount of satisfaction that he got from building this house was worth it.  I'm impressed with all the details.  It's definitely a lot of work - something that can't be replicated many times.  I gave him the advice of embossing the house with Tim Holtz Textured Fades Embossing folders "bricked" and he let them "pop" with white ink.  It was his idea to put ghosts around the house. 

Here's his version of this famous house:


 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...wish my 16 years old would take more interest. This is way cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Thienly, your son did an amazing job! Of course, he has a very good example to learn from, mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really terrific! He did an amazing job and he should be very proud of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is fantastic!!! He did an awesome job. The ghosts are the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this looks fantastic....Awesome job he did

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is fabulous! That's so cute that your son spent hours working on it. The brick embossing and white inking looks fantastic, as do the ghosts.. really spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome! Puts mine to shame, LOL! I love the white details and ghosts!! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails