Friday, September 30, 2011

My first SVGCuts DT project - Sinister Candelabra Decor

I am sooo excited to share my project with y'all today!  This is my first project (well, technically not really my first...) but it is my first one since going back to SVGCuts.  Since I was outta loop from SVGCuts for a few months, I have lots of files that I need to catch up on and create something with! 

Anyway,  my first project actually has nothing to do with new files! LOL!  I decided to create something new by welding some files together to make......a candelabra!  I've been always fascinated with chandeliers and candelabras... they are not really my style, as I'm "mod" - love modern looking stuff, but something about these objects really capture my heart.  They are beautiful, so magical, and often, mysterious....  So, I decided to make a Halloween themed candelabra!

Photobucket

Now, you may be wondering... where the heck is the Punkin' Patch Stamps?   Well, I haven't received them yet, so I wasn't able to incorporate them into my project this time around... next time for sure :)  It's the US-Canada shipping again... everything takes time :(  and I can't wait to play!

Okay, back to the candelabra - pretty, huh? 

Photobucket

































Sorry for the big space above... blogger is acting up, and can't seem to fix it!










It's actually quite sturdy - and yes, it has been tested by my kids... lol...  It seems a little intimidating, maybe? but it's actually simple, the whole concept is the same as my Christmas tree DT project that I did last Christmas.  You cut 6 of the same welded piece out and assemble them together... Still sounds confusing?  That's okay! I've got the full detailed instructions up on SVGCuts blog!

The only headache I had from this was that I bought the wrong paper to do this with!  It would've been soo much easier if it was a sealed glitter cardstock.. but no, I went with the loose one, and it literally glitterifies (yes, I know that's not a word!) everything!  My blade, my mat, my fingers, my hair... and I swear, it must've been in the dinners that I made!  Nonetheless, I did use the Clear Acrylic spray from Mod Podge and that seemed to do it.  No more glitter coming off! It's safe!

All you need to make this decor are these collections:  Gothic Flourishes SVG Collection, French Quarter Ironwork SVG Collection, Rockin Around the Christmas Tree SVG Collection and the Birthday Elements SVG Collection... and PLUS the candlestick that Mary designed for me, which can be downloaded "Under SVG Collections used" over the SVGCuts blog.

I went through my SVGCuts bible (I have 3 binders full of it now...!) and pretty much went through every possible shape to design my 2D candelabra.

Photobucket

... and when you weld them together, it looks like this:

Photobucket

Whoa!!! Neat, huh?? I thought so!

Photobucket

It was so fun to go shopping for these beads!  I never realized the variety of stuff that are there at Michaels, other than my usual "scrapbooking" section that I go to.  I found that especially the beading section, there's a LOT of potential papercrafting embellishments that you can get, and it's much cheaper to get it in that section! Figures!  It's not like we're richer than the bead-ers... why charge us more!?!? So, would bead-ers find some good potential stuff from the scrapbooking section, I wonder???

So, here's a little diagram that I did showing how I strung the beads:

Photobucket

Anyway, back to my project - here's more pics. LOTS and LOTS of pics - I got carried away and figured that I may as well take lots of pics after decorating it nicely :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these crinkled ribbons right now. These beautiful colors are from Kris over at Scrapinkris on Etsy. I used the Wraith and the Haunted colors for this.  She makes some beautiful color combinations - it's a must have in my opinion :)

... and to complete this project, I HAD to add a spider hanging from it...

Photobucket

So... you like? Feeling inspired? I hope so!

Here's a link to the SVGCuts blog for detailed instructions :)

Have a crafty day everyone!

Oh, and come back tomorrow for another big Halloween project that I've been working on, for My Thoughts Exactly Stamp Release!

6 comments:

  1. The final pictures and staging turned out beautifully. You may have been gone a few months, but you never skipped a beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh sweetie this is stunning and very spooky...I love what you did with the files TFS! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! So glad you are back with SVG Cuts! Now I have some inspiration to get back into ALL of those files I purchased! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent. Love how you created the candelabra from other files and your finishing touches to the project are top notch

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails