Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bzzzz...... is that a bee that you hear??? SVGs by Bee has been launched!

So many SVG shops have been opening up recently online, but this shop is really special to me.  This store - SVGs by Bee is owned/designed by my great friend, Belinda Brown.  I don't know if you remember me blogging back in February about how I met her at California Adventure Disney Park while I was on my vacation down in LA. 

I met her last year when she started stalking my blog.  She would literally leave a comment on every single blog post that I did, and because I just started blogging, she really made my day especially all I got was 1 or 2 comments.  We started corresponding, and in no time, we became really good friends. 

So - yes, this girl, who I've only met online - dragged her whole family (took her kids out of school) and dragged her hubby to drive for over 2 hours each way to come see me!  Really - isn't that amazing?  If I came into your city - would you drive for 4 hours so you can see me???  You don't even know what I'm like, if I really look like the girl you see on FB - I could be this really old woman, or perverted guy!  Well, I'd like to hear, "Of course!" - but I don't think that most people would!  But wow - we (not just her and I - but our hubbies, our kids, and even my parents!) totally clicked and spent the whole day together.  Ever since - it's been a very, very special friendship.

Anyway - this friend, which she goes by Bee - decided to learn Inkscape (I have NO idea how to even work that program) and design SVGs herself.  How awesome is that?  I'm so happy for her, and just a couple of weeks ago - her online store just launched!

Instead of just blogging and letting you know about her, I wanted to use her file so you can see how cute it is! 

I used The Fuzzy Bee file to make a simple, yet cute shaped card.  Here it is!

Photobucket

Isn't this cute???  This file is only a dollar!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made a shadow layer on MTC and cut two of them out, glued them together to make a card.  Each of the layers have foam stickers to give dimension.  The beehive paper is from Country Drive collection from Echo Park, the twine is from Twisted Sugar Twine, and the stamp is from My Thoughts Exactly's The Birds and the Bees.  The wings have a vellum on the back layer, and the black body has been embossed with Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder.

Oh, and while I was blogging the Paper Dolls, she designed SVGs for one of our weekly challenges! She made a really cute set of files for us:



This file is also sold in her store right now - The house was Framed by a Heart & and a Button!

With this file, I made embellishment for these 3D shoes (the shoes file is from MyGrafico).

Photobucket

It really brings out these shoes, don't they?

As I said, she's just starting out, so stay tuned for more cute and orignal files in her store!

Please help me support my friend and go join her FB page, and let her know that I sent ya :) I want to give her all the love I can to wish her much success in her store.

Thanks girls!

Have a great day!




7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fuzzy bee card. It is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little card :D I am just loving that fuzzy bee! I can't wait to see Bee's store grow and prosper :) She is such an awesome and talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Big smiles for my legendary friend! I love this so much I can't even begin...embossing, twine, stamps, and the cut the silhouette did is top of the line!
    Beautiful just like you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww. Such a sweet post and an awesome card! :-) I love this little fuzzy bee too, can't wait to play with it... :-D Here with you to wish the best to Bee in her new business venture! :-D <3

    (why does your blog hate me so much?? *sobs* 6 different steps at least to leave a comment... :-S)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [02 Sep 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. The website for the file seems to be gone! Is there still somewhere I can buy this or anyone who has the file that could send it to me?? beccarevivify26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails