Monday, May 27, 2013

Sew Sweet! Notions box.

Oh gosh!
It's been almost two weeks since I last posted! 
How could I let that happen to me?
I've been actually really busy (family wise and crafting!) and do have lots to share, 
but the weather has NOT been coorporating with me!

Since I don't have the professional lighting and such, 
I have to wait for the PERFECT time to take pics of my projects.
(although they may not necessary happen) 
I like pictures taken in the afternoon lighting (casts a warmer tone) 
but it's also the time I'm out and about trying to get things done while kids are in school.

Anyway - thought that I'd share a fun little project with you today - 
it's a sewing notions box!!!

 photo DSC_1430_zps1ed61599.jpg

Isn't it adorable?

I've had this paper collection FOREVER, and makes me happy that I finally got around to using it!
It's super cute, and vintagy - a Material Girl line.

This BOX comes from one of the latest collections from SVG Cuts, and put a sewing twist to it.

 photo DSC_1432_zpsb9cddc49.jpg

The flowers are actually also SVG Cuts files, too,
 but since I wanted to give the same feel as what's on the papers, 
I trimmed the upper layer of petals off into a triangular shape.

 photo DSC_1428_zpsf254dc9b.jpg

The measuring tape is a part of the paper collection, 
but I pleated it to add some interest to the strip.

Ahhh! and I so love these little notions...
The flower and spool buttons are oh, so cute, 
but I especially love the buttons on the tag and twine wound up on a spool with a needle through it.
Oh, and it's cut off here, but the zig zag stitching cut that you see at the side adds, too!

 photo DSC_1425_zpsd72fb488.jpg

And, if you open the box... SO MUCH fits in! 
Makes a perfect gift box for those crafty friends!

(My BOX was made at the original intended size)

Hope that you liked my project today  - 
thanks for stopping by!

Oh, and don't forget that the SVG Cuts are having their 25% off sale right now with coupon: MEMORIAL2013, so make sure that you pick up all the files that you've always wanted!


5 comments:

  1. Super!! Love what you did great colors and lots of fun elemnts
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Thienly, this is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove this project. It's so creative how you used the measuring tape too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thienly, you always amaze me! This box is darling and so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how your SVG cut file turned out. I also love this new collection and need to carve time to make one. You always use such cute, fun, bright paper and put your own twist on the project. Always inspiring to see. Thank you so much for continued to share your ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails