Thursday, August 11, 2011

My first Twisted Sugar Twine DC project - usine twine in a book-binding.

Hello everyone!

In case you never saw my previous post, I have been asked to join over at the Twisted Sugar Twine as one of their Design Coordinators, which I'll write DC for short.   (It's pretty much the same as DT, but sounds more sophisticated!) I've always loved the look of twine, and you've probably noticed that I've been using a lot of twine recently in my projects.

My first post is published over at the Twisted Sugar Twine blog, too, today!  If you could leave me some love there, I would really appreciated it!

I got my twine pack just 2 days ago and I needed to create something in one day to have my post ready for today!  That's usually my story with me living in Canada...  takes about 3 times as long for me to get anyting here compared to most of you living in US.. so I'm used to it :)

So, I decided to keep it simple and create a little book using twine in a book-binding.  I've also used twine in 3 other areas of the project, so make a note of that as well :) 

Here it is!

Photobucket

Simple, but pretty, don't you think?

I found this cut file (album with half round tabs) through the Silhouette online store, and thought that this would be such a fun way to create a book, rather than just using regular rectangle pages. The size of the album is 5.575" wide for the cover page.

Since there were only 3 holes on the side in the original file, I had to add more holes throughout (you can use the spacing and aligning functions on the Silhouette to make sure the holes are evenly spaced out!)

I didn't have time to work on the inside pages, but I've always wanted to make a little book and paste in all my pics of all the people, places, food - anything that I love.

When I thought about "love" - I was able to narrow down the colors of the twines that I wanted to use. (although I never used red - it still was an inspiration color to me)

Photobucket

I then decided that I would color coordinate my book with my twine and decided on 4 colors: pink, grey, red and black from Echo Park Dots and Stripes Paper collection.

Photobucket


...and here are the instructions on how to bind your book with spine. Sounds confusing, but when you actually have the book and the twine in your hands, it all does make sense.  Trust me :) It's really small, but when you click on the picture, you should be able to see the writing.

I used double twine - black and grey - in the binding.

Photobucket

I also used twine in several other places in this project:

For embellishing the side of the front cover - I just looped pink twine around it 3 times and tied it together.  Do you like the font I used here?  It's called Pass the Chex font.

Photobucket

I also used grey twine to string through some little charms (the charms are from Sweet Love kit by Miss Tiina - I want to link it but it's in her confectionery club, and can't link it) I cut out on a Silhouette and tied it to the above pink twine.

Photobucket

The heart which I found in the Silhouette library (comes when you purchase the machine) is weaved through with grey twine. The size of this was 1.85" wide.

Photobucket

... and here is a pic of the pages from the side.

Photobucket

So here was my first twine project! It was sooo hard to keep it simple and having to keep the twine as the focus of the project. I'm so used to embellishing with all sorts of SVGs, but then it takes away from the the twine. Hope that this project showed you how powerful twine is as an embellishment!

8 comments:

  1. So cool....I'm headed over there now to check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Thienly, for sharing this project. It's really neat and you highlighted the twine superbly. Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, Thienly! Great project! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the stitching on the heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!!! I've never seen anything like this before, I really love the modern look and the colors.. Echo Park paper looks great on this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty...even though I would use my Bind-It-All instead of twine..persona; preference. I'll have to look up this cut file on Silhouette store....

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! I have to try this!! I just bought a few albums in the Sil store, thanks for the how to!! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails