Thursday, August 18, 2011

Diaper Shirts with an Attitude Cards with My Thoughts Exactly Stamps.

It's another DT project day for me over at My Thoughts Exactly, and today, I thought that it would be really fun to create something using all four stamp sets released so far.  In case you haven't seen their stamps, you can see it here!  As you can see, their stamps are mix and match, so you can create endless possibilities of different sayings.  If you get really creative, you can even mix and match from different sets!

This is a really really simple project, as I've been busy with back-to-school stuff and spending as much time with the kids before the fun, summer days are up!  We also got back to cleaning up the basement (I don't know if you all remember, but we had our house reno'd last summer, and there were still things that we haven't cleaned up yet!  We're not lazy - it just wasn't our priority! lol...) 

I decided to take some fun sayings from the stamps, and make some diaper shirt cards with it.  The diaper shirts are from Peek-a-Boo LD SVG set, and I used my sewing machine (if you notice, I'm really lazy with sewing machines...  now, you see white stitching, and you probably have seen white stitching for my last few projects and will still see white stitching until my bobbin is done with white thread.  I started with my brown thread last summer, and used that up, before I changed into white!) to sew up all the hems...  This was very hard, as I'm not a seamstress, and sewing them in curves was itself a challenge to me.

Anyway, here's the project! Ta-da!!!!

Photobucket

Pretty simple, huh? It's really easy, but I think that it's cute!

Here are some close ups!

Who gives a HOOT?

Photobucket

The stamps are from the Birds and Bees stamp set. This owl is from Give a Hoot collection over at SVG Attic. I think that it's a perfectly innocent owl for this shirt!

Photobucket

See? I sewed it!

Stayin' cool by the POOL:

Photobucket

This diaper shirt is using the Grillin' n Chillin' stamp set. The kiddie pool (which I fell in love when I saw it - and this SVG was hard to find! and found it over at the Silhouette store under Kiddie Pool.)

Photobucket

If you notice, I put on Glossy Accents on the water to make it look more like water. Love using these - adds so much!

Feeling CRAB-ulous!

Photobucket

The stamps here are from Under the Sea stamp set and the crab is from LD ...  Now, is being CRAB-ulous supposed to be a feeling fabulous or crabby?  I thought that was for fabulous, but my hubby says that you're not in a good mood, when it's CRAB-ulous...  and he thinks that the crab looks too cheerful! lol... it's just a craft project!

Cute as a CUPCAKE:

Photobucket

Here, the stamps are from Sweet Thoughts stamp set and the cupcake is from LD Cloud Nine SVG Set.

I hung those diaper shirts on a hanger - which I found in the Chores LD Cut It Simple Shapes, and attached eyelets at the bottom to look like snaps. I added tiny foam adhesive to hold the shirt closed, and you can easily open and close it.
Here's the last look together, in case you feel like you haven't seen enough pics from me!

Photobucket

So, head on over to Lenae's blog and Jessica's blog - 'cause I know they also have some cool projects to show you with these stamps!

Have a great day everyone!







11 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I wish they were real because I'd love to see little babies wearing them! I love the attention to detail you have in all of your projects. Hope you enjoy the rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darn cute! You know I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my world! Those are adorable! Love, love, love them! :-D And so fun! Thanks for putting lots of pics cause I just want to see them again! :-D <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. these cards are so cute and adorable....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I love how you used the eyelets for snaps... So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable, would you mind sharing at what size you cut them, This would be super cute to make for a banner for a baby shower I am hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!! I don't even know how to use a sewing machine so kudos for that :P and I think "crab-u-lous" is like fabulous, but I guess it is open to interpretation, lol! As always your project is just amazing, and it rocks that you used every stamp set!! I'm so glad to have your awesome talent and sweet self on my team :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stamps are perfect with your onesies! I love how you hung them up using hangers and twine. Too adorable for words! Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these are amazing! I especially love the sewing too...as always incredible!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails