Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How are all my friends doing???

It's been a little while - I've been immersed in my own world of my annual Christmas card making...  If you've seen my Christmas in July series, you'll know what I mean...  This year, I think that I'm making about 130 cards (half of them goes to my husband's employees).  There was no way that I was going to be doing anything elaborate like the years before - I'm still unpacking from my move, and somehow, with my 3 year going to school, there seems to be more days booked up than ever before.  Then, there's my girl - who I think is the most boyish out of my kids (other two are boys) and I constantly have to watch what she's doing - she's fearless, and if she decides that it is what she wants, she'll go for it - whether to climb up on the high chair to get to the kitchen counter, or she'll bring a chair, climb on it, and flop herself into her crib.  (and she's only one)  I will post them when they are done, but I depended quite a bit on my computer printer to do most of my job.  However, it still takes a long time when you are making that many...

We decorated our Christmas tree last weekend, and if you have seen my Very Merry Miniature Christmas tree, the color theme is the same - silver, bronze, pink and aqua blue.  I love how it looks and brightens me up every morning.



My exciting news of the day was that I finally got my braces out.  After a year and a half of them being in my mouth, after it was taken off, I seriously felt like my mouth was missing something.  It felt naked.  It felt so smooth.  Every part of my lips were touching my teeth.  Strange sensation I just wasn't used to.  Anyway, I am excited, and it couldn't have come at a better time - all the delicious holiday dinners I'll be having in the next few weeks! 

In my down time, I decided to explore what papers I have lying around, and came across Imaginisce Sweet Cheri line and created two cards with it. It's not really the style that I normally do, but I tried to keep it consistent with the paper look.

                                    



Anyway, hope you're all doing well!

Oh, one more thing - SVGCuts is having 12 days of Christmas giveaway!  It's the second day and amazing prizes are to be won.  All you have to do is to follow what it says in the requirements section (like subscribing to a newsletter, or becoming a fan on Facebook, etc) and leave a comment on their blog.  For more details, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your braces off! I remember how smooth and strange it feels. Your tree looks beautiful and I love those cards! They are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks so pretty! I too remember the feeling of getting my braces off last year, its amazing how you get use to it all feeling rough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tree, Thienly! <3 And those cards are sweet... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards match your tree! I think you pulled off the different paper style beautifully! And just remember what we talked about....be careful who your licking your teeth around! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails