Ribbon Strip Ornaments
The strips that I used are from Rosie's Ribbon Strips SVG Collection
and used strips 3 and 6. I cut 4 strips in bronze and 4 strips in silver at 9.89" wide. Then, one at a time, I glued the ribbon strips at the middle to another strip in the middle. Start by 4 of the same colors, and glue them together to look like an 8-sided star. Then, take the other color strips and glue them again at the middle on top of the original star so that it fills the gaps. In the end, it should be a 16-sided star.
With the inside of the ornament facing you, take the very bottom strip, bring both sides up and glue them at the top. Keep gluing the layers from the bottom until all joined at the top. You MUST glue in the this order - otherwise, your ornament will have bulges on some of the strips. Attach a ribbon at the top.
Suspended Star Ornaments
The bigger ornament was cut at 3.5" wide.
* Before you start, think about what style you are trying to achieve. Is your house modern? Contemporary? Country? Traditional? Victorian?
* Once you have determined the style - pick out colors that would fit your tree/house decor, and patterned paper to match the look.
* The ribbon strips - as long as the strips are narrow, there's quite the variety in Mary's collections. Get creative - each ribbon strips/borders give different look.
* In the Suspended Ornament, don't limit to using a star - it could be a snowflake, a holly, a heart... anything goes!
* If you are going after the traditional/country/Victorian style - inking the edges will add to the effect.
* I used Scotch 3M Quick-Dry Adhesive to glue the layers, used heat glue gun to attach ribbon to the ornaments.
The simplicity of this makes it very achievable to make many for your tree. You can also hang these from the ceiling, the windows or use them to decorate the table. The best thing about this is that if you decide to change the color or the style next year, it's easily accomplished by making them again!
While you are here, make sure that you haven't forgot to enter for the awesome giveaway on the SVGCuts blog. This is what they are giving away today: