Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wonderland Lamp - SVG Cuts DT project.

Hellooo!!!
I am SO EXCITED to be sharing my project with you all today!
This is probably one of my fave projects that I've ever done,
so I hope that you'll like it as much as I do!

I've been loving the store 'Anthrolopologie' lately -
not only their shabby chic clothing,
but for all their vintage inspired decor items for the home.

I came across their teapot lamp on Pinterest one day,
and I just fell in love with it.

This just happened to be the same week Mary made the lamp file,
and of course, with her amazing teapot and cups,
I knew that it would be a cool project to make out of paper!
... and it's a perfect gift for Mother's Day!

As soon as I showed it to the fellow SVG Cuts DT members,
they said that it totally looks like something out from Alice in Wonderland.
So, as Tamara suggested this name -
Wonderlamp is the name that was given to this project!
(Thanks Tamara for thinking of the name -
the names I think of are lame, so this was great!)

Anyway - here it is!

 photo DSC_1176_zpsc6480aa1.jpg

I just loved making this so much.

The challenging part about making this was trying to decide what sizes to have each of the elements at.
I went through numerous teapots, teacups, lamp shades, etc. until I found that PERFECT balance :)


 photo teapotlamp_zpsdf75c290.jpg


You can see all the 'unused' cuts here - had to take a pic before I threw them away!

 photo DSC_1187_zps90c33632.jpg

The lamp shade was made using the 'knob' file from the Octagon Box.
It's a tiny file when you open it, but by enlarging it and cutting the flaps off,
it made a perfect shade for the lamp.

I wanted something a little more 'feminine' than the shade from that kit,
and this was just perfect!

 photo DSC_1208_zps446d3912.jpg

The inside has the same 'rays cutout' from the lamp file,
but is place on a octagon file, instead of the original square file.
(Sounds confusing, but trust me - if you have the file - it should all make sense!)

 photo DSC_1216_zps1609e839.jpg

The top 'sugar' jar that you see at the top is actually a jar from this western kit.
I wanted a bit more 'elements' than the cup and the pot itself,
and by adding handles at the sides - it totally passed as a part of the tea set!

If you kinda look 'down' at the lamp - here's the view! (my fave pic!)

 photo DSC_1206_zps178c4052.jpg

This lamp is acutally really sturdy.
For those that have made each these files, you know that the file is designed very well.
(I've dropped this lamp a few times, and it's still okay!)

Going back to the 'balance' of the project - 
using the same plate for the entire project wasn't interesting enough.
Thankfully, while I was designing this - 
Mary came out with a pot plate that was exactly what I needed! 

 photo DSC_1182_zps42f00420.jpg


The flowers that you see here are from here.
This is probably one of my fave Mary's flowers -
they look so cute rolled up and adds so much to any project!

 photo DSC_1189_zps6b30a99c.jpg

A cute little teaspoon at the base just completed the 'plain' base.
Not it looks more interesting!

Now, I place a battery operated tealight into this,
and this is what it looks like!

 photo DSC_1221_zpsd4b95573.jpg

Not so functionally bright, but adds so much to the 'tea' table.

Wouldn't it be so amazing to make this, 
invite your mom over for tea
and give this to her???

For those of you that are interested in making it - 
full file dimensions and instructions are on SVG Cuts blog.

Collections used:


If you have any questions - feel free to ask me!
(I'd be so honored to know that you're making it!)

Ooooh, and before I let you go - 
did you see the latest kit?
It's so amazing - and would be SO cute for summer gift giving!
(This is free this week with a purchase of $9.98 or more!
COUPON: FREEGIFT)


I made something fun  -
will share it later this week!

Alrighty - that's it guys!
Have a beautiful day!


11 comments:

  1. This is so cute and clever and yes it makes perfect sense. I love it so much! perfect name to as that is exactly what I was thinking of when I saw it. (Alice in Wonderland). AWESOME work girl and so cute with the tea bag holders on the table for tea.. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too adorable for words! You are the svg QUEEN my friend...always love seeing what you've made :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and clever idea!!
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous!!!!! Almost looks like it could have an Anthro tag on it ;) glad I could help you with the name.. My projects names are always lame, lol.. You can pay back the favor sometime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Thienly! Any momma would love to receive that masterpiece! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it love it. I'm still working on just a teapot. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your imagination with SVGCuts files are amazing. I have purchased most of the files in the last year. I have all the files for this one, but no one to give it to. I might try to make it for a little girls room. Do you think it is too high to a little lamp for a childs room? ( I don't have a little girl in mind, but it is easier for me to think of one). My mom passed away 7 years ago, and my oldest daughter isn't a mother yet. Your talent is amazing and I love waiting for what you think of with Mary's files.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing girl, just amazing!!! You'll ve featured tomorrow afternoon on Paper Issues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi I just saw this I'm kinda new to doing this kinda project can I send u my email and u can help me plz. I am doing a tea table for my church and would love this !! Thx u lisa lisatetlow000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails