Thursday, April 14, 2011

Only hearts can build a home.

Hi, it's me again!

Today, I've created this simple card using a stamp from Unity.  I LOVED this stamp when I saw it, and I had to get it... Now, the question was, how was I going to incorporate this into my craft?  I don't do the Copics (and not planning to... only because if I start, I'll know I'll love it, and will get addicted to it, and will want every single color available! so it's better not to even be exposed to it!) so how could I perk up the card without looking too plain?

I needed a fun backing paper... and what I chose is from Echo Park - Life is Good collection (LOVE that paper!)  It had some fun colors and I liked the fact that the colors are kinda distressed...

So then, I stamped my image on to a tan paper, and decided to "build" up the background matting with A2 Lace Edged Cards SVG kit.  Brown lace hearts with red in the background, and then this was backed with lace hearts blackout and embossed with Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I had a perfect ribbon to go with this - "home Sweet home" from AC ribbon, so here it is!

Photobucket

 
Photobucket

Don't you just love the stamp?

Photobucket

So, I started working on my next SVGCuts DT project... I am attempting to make something different this time (not really "outside the box" per se, but it's a project I normally wouldn't do) and I hope that it turns out!

5 comments:

  1. such a cute card! Love all the colors!! (and brown and pink...one of my faves:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Very pretty! Love the stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable!! Love all the little cute details... :-D Love that stamp too... ;-)
    Have you ever tried Prismacolor pencils with Gamsol (= paint thinner) it gives nice watercolored results... :-) You make me feel like coloring now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and I'm digging the edges especially! So now that SCAL3 has come out...please tell me which cutter you're going to get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp too...your card is perfect! And I love idea of picking out key shapes. I do have a few copics but I'm not great, so yur idea works for me!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails