Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Yuletide Log Cake Gift Box - SVG Cuts project.

Hello all!
I'm here today with a new Christmas project to share!

Totally excited for this one -
never have seen this made with paper,
and I'm happy with the way it turned out!

I just took two cylindrical containers -
put a hole in the long one midway,
inserted a shorter one at the side...
and voila!
You've got a log cake!

 photo DSC_2820_zpsa5a4b54d.jpg

It's really that simple!
The rest is all fun stuff -
decorating the cake!

I came across this shimmery woodgrain papers at Michaels,
and was perfect for it!
I also sprayed with an adhesive to add on extra white glitter for icing sugar.

 photo DSC_2826_zpsc204e6cb.jpg

I used some flower trim to mimic the whipping cream texture.

 photo DSC_2823_zps1cbb70bc.jpg

This focal point of the cake was important that I do it right.
I went and researched what size, items are commonly used,
and tried to add various other embellishments to spice it up.

 photo DSC_2827_zpsa654e28a.jpg

So, like I mentioned - 
this cylinder is a container so it opens like a gift box!

You can stuff some goodies in there,
and you'll have a yummy gift within a yummy looking gift!

For you to make this, you'll need:
December Gifts SVG Kit (smaller log)
3D Wintergreens SVG Kit (holly and pinecones)

...and then head on over to the SVG Cuts blog for further instrucions on how to make this!



Oh, and don't forget to pick up the awesome first ever vinyl kit from SVG Cuts!


Pretty amazing, isn't it?
Yours free with a purchase of $9.98 or more!


Hope that you enjoyed my project today!
Thanks for coming by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails