Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sweet Stamp Shop - Guest Designer!

Hello everyone!

Today, I have a special post to share with you - I'm a guest designer over at Sweet Stamp Shop today! Yay!  I was so excited when I was sent this fabulous Cherry Blossoms stamp set!

Photobucket

It's been quite the Japanese inspiration week for me... (if you haven't seen my project from last week - see here!) and not that either Unity or Sweet Stamp Shop knew that I was half Japanese, but they sent me Japanese ones to play with! Coincidence!

Luckily, I had also acquired some Japanese papers from My Little Shoebox, so I had some pretty papers to work with for this project.

I decided to make two things... a bag and a fan! I stumbled on this set for a while... wanting to make something different!

Photobucket

Cute, isn't it?

For the bag, I used this kit from SVG Cuts, and I paper pierced lanterns from the stamps and used to embellish the bag. My girl loved the bag, and it's sitting by her bed tonight, as she's already claimed it hers :)

Photobucket

As you can see, I used foam tape to bring out the lanterns, added buttons and twine to give dimension and interest. The quote is so pretty - and so inspiring!

Photobucket

For the fan, when I first had this 'a-ha' moment, I wasn't sure it would turn out. But, I think that it turned out pretty darn cute! I took 12" wide by 3.5" high paper, and I stamped all over it. I used white pen to color in the blossoms. Then, on my scoreboard, I scored at 0.5" intervals and pleated it. I adhered thin wooden dowel sticks to back of each pleat, and gathered the dowels at the bottom and used heat glue gun to adhere one on top of each other.

It's super easy and makes a pretty decor!

I hope that you liked my project today, and wanted to thank Sweet Stamp Shop for having me as their guest designer! It was fun to have had the opportunity to play with their stamps! I'd love it if you can go over to their blog and leave some love for me :)

6 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the fan - and the lanterns on the purse are fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us over at the *sweet* shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing project so pretty!!!Love seeing you over at Sweet stamp Shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond amazing. I love the purse and the fan! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job! The fan is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...beautiful projects!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails