Thursday, December 15, 2011

But as long as you love me so... - My Thoughts Exactly project (and my annoucement...)

The weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go -
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Oh, I just love Christmas tunes - makes me feel so warm and cheerful inside! I just can't believe that Christmas is next weekend!  Eek!  Are you all done your shopping yet?  If not, maybe you should be out shopping rather than reading this??? Oh, alright - you're online shopping - that's my kinda style!

Anyway, today is my project day for My Thoughts Exactly...  AND...  I have an announcement to make...  this is going to be my LAST post as a part of the design team...  Yes, I know it's kinda crazy.  Why leave this wonderful team, right?  Awesome stamps, fantastic gals, and even fun stuff planned out for 2012.  It was a VERY difficult decision, but I guess somehow, I wanted to free up myself and be on the lookout for trying out something new...  and I don't know what that 'something new' is...  maybe I'll enter some challenges, maybe I'll apply for different DTs, or maybe I'll do nothing! lol...  Anyway, yes, I'm leaving - and that means that there's ONE more extra spot on the new DT team...  Good news for you, right?

Anyway, onto my project for today!

So, you've got that "Let it snow" music going through your head? 

Here's the last verse:

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still goodbye-ing,
But as long as you love me so -
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I thought that this was kind of fitting with my last project as a DT member and with their stamps - and decided to create a snowglobe.

 
Photobucket

You likey? I got the file from here and decided to embellish a little more to it.  The clear dome part that you see is "Clear Craft Plastic" sheets that I found at Michaels, and was cut through my Silhouette.

Photobucket

I added some trees, snowflakes from Holly Jolly Tags stamps, some crinkle ribbon, Caribbean twine from The Twinery for the scarf and tags, and snowlayer for the ground. I even made the snowman hold a heart - to kinda go with the lyrics :)

Photobucket

Isn't this a cute stamp? (and no, it's not "As long as you love me so..." that's my handwriting! lol...) It's from the Holly Jolly Phrases stamp set!

This file was really easy to put together - once you figured out which piece goes where! It's so cute - my kids love it!

Here's the look from the top - you can see how the pieces fit with one another.

Photobucket

If you wanna see these stamp sets, upclose - here it is:

Holly Jolly Tags:

Photobucket

Holly Jolly Phrases:

Photobucket

These are $15 each, but you can buy as a bundle, too - for $25!

Make sure that you go visit my fellow DT member - SugarGem for more inspiration with these stamps today!

So, yeah, this is it. I hope that all the My Thoughts Exactly fans still come and visit me! Thanks to Alyssa and Brian for having me as a part of your team. Good luck to you in 2012 and good luck to all those that has applied to their design team. You're gonna have lots of fun.

11 comments:

  1. Okay this is one of the best things I see done all Christmas long.. Very Unique and you did it to perfection
    The Scrapbooking Queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you make outs a smile on my face... But I am SO going to have that song in my head all.day.long.

    :) just love this! I have yet to find that plastic stuff at Michaels.. Bummer! I'd love to have some on hand and try that, my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thienly, MTE won't be the same without you! You sure went out with a bang, though. This project knocked my socks off! I love the detail you put into your projects (and your photography) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wow :) you've got some serious talent girl! Best of luck to you in whatever you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Oh my gosh, it is so amazing. Have fun with 2012-can't wait to see what you bring us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is amazing! I don't know how you think of all these crafty things!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! If I had a portion of your talent oh the things I could create!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just darling!!! You are so good!
    Christmas Blessings,
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing! I just love to see what others create with my designs. You made my day! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is crazy cool! Lots like a snow globe, I love the innovative design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so fun! What a great idea- It really is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails