Sunday, November 7, 2010

My second entry for the World Card Making Day Card Contest.

It's just amazing how fast a couple of days passes.  It's my intention to post something every second days, but lately I'm lucky if I post something twice a week.  Sorry :(  I sometimes do wonder if I was ever crazy to start blogging with three kids running around, but at the same time, blogging has helped me stay sane.  (As I type this, my little girl is pushing the control button, moving the curser around...) 

Anyway, here's my second card that I submitted in for the World Card Making Day Card Contest.  (In case you are wondering, the winner announcement date has passed and I am not the lucky winner, so I'm posting this)  Here - on this Thinking of you card, I took the branches cut from the Storybook cartridge (I cut two of the same ones, cut the leaves off of one, inked it with white stamp and adhered with foam dots on the other branch).  I also used distressed strips embossing folder, sprayed it with tattered leather Tattered Angels glimmer mist, and sewed around the edges.  I accented it with a ribbon, buttons and twine.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. In my book You're the winner Thienly, this is an amazing card made by an amazing artist. I'm sorry that you didn't win the prize but as all your followers KNOW, your the best!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I love all the texture and depth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is stunning and I truly love it and will scraplift with your permission. This is a wonderful any time of year card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. You know, I can't explain why, but I have always found cards with trees or branches or greenery very relaxing and comforting... :-)
    I am disappointed in PC magazine for not picking your cards as winners... but then again, I recently cancelled my subscription because I was disappointed with the magazine (it seems to have become just a gallery of cards, and always the same style...) so in the end, it's disappointing for you but for me it means you are even better than them!... ;-D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails